Chile - Pucon Adventure
- Arrival Day - 3rd December 2019
- Paddling Days - 4th December to 13th December 2019
- Departure Day - 14th December 2019
- Total amount of days - 12 days
- Accommodation - Cabins on the banks of the Palguin and Camping
- Trip needs minimum of 6 people to run.
We are super stoked to announce we have teamed up with Ben May from Kayak Chile to offer a 2 week trip based out of his house in Pucon for the ultimate white water kayaking experience!
Ben May is the owner of the company Kayak Chile, born in the UK he now lives in a cabin next to the Palguin river and paddles this unique river most days. He is the co-author of the Chile White Water Guide book and has paddled with some of the best paddlers from around the world in a variety of countries.
We aim to paddle as many of the "classic" rivers as we can during this trip, and with the huge variety of whitewater available no two days need be the same! Given the quality of the rivers in the area though, the plan can be flexible to allow repeat days on some rivers if the group wants to revisit any favourite runs. Below we have a plan outlining how we'll spend the 12 days in Chile, the final river selection will be confirmed based on water levels and how demanding an experience the group would like.
12 Days Pucon Classics:
Day 1 - Arrive in Pucon. Fly or drive from Santiago to arrive in Pucon, stay at Palguin cabins.
Day 2 - Trancura River. (Paddle the Class III Lower and Upper Trancura River).
Day 3 - Upper Palguin River.
Day 4 - Rio Maichin.
Day 5 - Rio Coilaco waterfall.
Day 6 - Rio Nevados or Carhuello depending on water levels.
Day 7 - Rest day or tandem/SUP Lower Liucura.
Day 8 - Rio Puesco or Truful Truful depending on water levels.
Day 9 - Rio San Pedro overnight trip (camp by the river).
Day 10 - Rio San Pedro evernight trip stay at palguin cabins.
Day 11 - Final paddle day of Palguin laps or repeat of any of the above rivers except San Pedro.
Day 12 - Fly or take the bus back to Santiago for your flight home.
Travelling to Chile:
For our adventure you will need to arrive in Chile on the morning of the 3rd December 2019, we would recommend flying in to Santiago. Once there you will need to catch a connecting flight to Temuco, which is the closest airport to Pucon or you can get an over night bus down to Pucon. Below is a summary of how we recommend making the journey:
- Depart London Heathrow 2nd December 2019 - Arrive in Santiago on 3rd December 2019 - Connecting flight to Temuco.
For returning to the UK, we recommend booking a flight in the evening on November , and following the same route back as your journey out. Below is a summary of the route:
- Evening departure Temuco 14th December 2019 -Depart Santiago Airport on overnight flight - Arrive in London Heathrow in the evening of 14th December 2019.
- Expert coaching and guiding on and off the water.
- 2 coaches/guides throughout trip.
- Breakfast and Lunch (Dinners at own expense).
- Kayak rental (must bring own gear and paddle).
- Daily transport to and from the river.
- Airport pick up and drop off (if you fly in and out of Temuco).
- Advice prior to trip.
- Photos and Videos from the trip.
Price doesn’t include:
- Dinner and bar bills.
- Flights to Chile.
- Personal Travel Insurance.
- Transport from Santiago to Pucon and Pucon to Santiago.
Pay $400 deposit now and then pay remainder 1 month before trip start date or earlier.
*All payments for trip go to Ben May at Kayak Chile.