Chile - White Water Adventure
- Arrival Day - 27th November 2021
- Paddling Days - 28th November to 7th December 2021
- Departure Day - 8th December 2021
- Total amount of days - 12 days
- Accommodation - Cabins on the banks of the Palguin and Camping
- Ability level - Intermediate
FULLY BOOKED for 2021
(2022 dates coming soon)
We are super stoked to announce we have teamed up with Ben May from Kayak Chile to offer a 2 week trip based out of his house in Pucon for the ultimate white water kayaking experience!
Ben May is the owner of the company Kayak Chile, born in the UK he now lives in a cabin next to the Palguin river and paddles this unique river most days. He is the co-author of the Chile White Water Guide book and has paddled with some of the best paddlers from around the world in a variety of countries.
Who is this trip aimed at?
We are aiming this trip at the paddler who's comfortable paddling the Upper Tryweryn/Upper Dart but may occasionally walk round features like surprise surprise. If your not sure still, drop us a message and we will be able to discuss if this trip is right for you.
We aim to paddle as many of the "classic" rivers as we can during this trip, and with the huge variety of whitewater available no two days need be the same! Given the quality of the rivers in the area though, the plan can be flexible to allow repeat days on some rivers if the group wants to revisit any favourite runs. Below we have a plan outlining how we'll spend the 12 days in Chile, the final river selection will be confirmed based on water levels and how demanding an experience the group would like.
12 Days White Water Adventure:
Day 1 - Arrive in Pucon. Fly or bus from Santiago to arrive in Pucon, stay at Palguin cabins.
Day 2 - Lower Liucura River.
Day 3 - Lower Trancura River
Day 4 - Upper and Lower Liucura
Day 5 - Upper Maichien .
Day 6 - Truful Truful
Day 7 - Rest day or Tandem/SUP Lower Liucura or Optional climb the volcano (extra £100)
Day 8 - Upper and Lower Trancura
Day 9 - Rio San Pedro overnight trip (camp by the river). Kayak or Raft.
Day 10 - Rio San Pedro (evening stay at palguin cabins).
Day 11 - Upper upper Palguin for everyone and normal Palguin for those up to it.
Day 12 - Fly or take the bus back to Santiago for your flight home.
Travelling to Chile:
For our adventure you will need to arrive in Chile on the morning of the 27th November 2021, we would recommend flying in to Santiago. Once there you will need to catch a connecting flight to Temuco, which is the closest airport to Pucon or you can get an over night bus down to Pucon. Below is a summary of how we recommend making the journey:
- Depart London Heathrow 26th November 2021 - Arrive in Santiago on 27th November 2021 - Connecting flight to Temuco.
For returning to the UK, we recommend booking a flight in the evening of the 8th December 2021, and following the same route back as your journey out. Below is a summary of the route:
- Evening departure on the 8th December 2021 from Santiago Airport on overnight flight - Arrive in London Heathrow in the morning of 9th December 2021.
During your time in Chile we will be staying in cabins on the banks of the Palguin river. These cabins are fully out fitted with kitchen, dinning room and living room. You will be sharing a room but as always we will make sure women and men are in separate rooms. The only time we wont stay here is when we are on the Rio San Pedro trip where we will be will camping on the river banks.
- Expert coaching and guiding on and off the water.
- Cabin Accommodation.
- Camping on the overnight San Pedro Expedition
- 2 coaches/guides throughout trip.
- Breakfast and Lunch (Dinners at own expense).
- Kayak rental (must bring own gear and paddle).
- Daily transport to and from the river.
- Airport pick up and drop off (if you fly in and out of Temuco).
- Advice prior to trip.
- Photos and Videos from the trip.
Price doesn’t include:
- Dinner and bar bills.
- Flights to Chile.
- Personal Travel Insurance.
- Transport from Santiago to Pucon and Pucon to Santiago.
Guides/Coaches on this trip:
Ben May - Kayak Chile
Joshua Telling - Rapid Skills
Tom Botterill - Rapid Skills
Pay $400 deposit now and then pay remainder 2 months before trip start date or earlier.
*All payments for this trip go to Ben May at Kayak Chile in US Dollars.